Podcast: Play in new window | Download
How do you survive the Scottish highlands? In this episode, I talk about my incredible experience at the Bear Grylls Survival Challenge. I share my insights and all the things I’ve learned throughout the five days of the grueling, tough, difficult and horrible but fantastic challenge.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The overwhelming feeling of gratitude throughout the experience
- Why I wanted to do this challenge
- The Bear Grylls Survival Challenge vs The Arctic Circle Race
- The things you’re taught at the Bear Grylls Survival Challenge
- What each day of the Bear Grylls Survival Challenge looked like
- What the rescue situation was like
- We don’t get tested in a very primeval way anymore in terms of what we can endure.
- The Bear Grylls Survival Challenge is an educational experience but also a test. And on the last night in the last day, you’re put to the test by being left on your own to see how you can self-rescue.
- It’s so clever what the brain does to you, the cognitive dissonance.
- Try taking on a challenge to test yourself. Be out in nature.
“It was an extraordinary experience. Very humbled by nature. It’s a real privilege to be amongst that land and those hills, just feeling like I was part of something that was much bigger than me.”
“It’s a great example of what could happen when you get into your discomfort zone, and just being part of something that’s much, much bigger than yourself, basically.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’ve got any questions around this or if you want to talk to me about your own experience, send me an email.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Why More And More Of Us Are Taking Part In Extreme Sporting Events (Podcast episode with Spencer Locker)
- Taking Part In The World’s Toughest Ski Race: The Arctic Circle Race (Podcast episode about the Arctic Circle Race in April)
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer