Taking Part in the World’s Toughest Ski Race: What Happened, What We Learned and How We Overcame Adversity to Complete the Race!
What is it like to participate in the world’s toughest ski race? Would you be up for the challenge? Listen in as I tell you all about it and take you through the journey! Who knows? The Arctic Circle Race just might be the next extreme adventure you’re looking for!
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The Arctic Circle Race and why we did it
- How we prepared for the race
- My thoughts on the journey
- What the experience was like
- Both mental and physical endurance are very much needed to take on this kind of challenge.
- Incredibly powerful things happen when you push yourself into your discomfort zone. You don’t have to go as big as we’ve gone with The Arctic Circle Race, it might be learning an instrument, going online dating, learning a new language, or playing a sport.
- Taking on a challenge and achieving something is good for your confidence and your resilience. You get a bit more comfortable in very uncomfortable situations. You feel a little more comfortable with unpredictability, and life is unpredictable.
- A key part of resilience is not your toughness. It’s not what you can endure. It’s more around if you have the tools to cope with the various things that life throws at you and the emotional bandwidth to deal with them.
- If you are doing a fundraising event, set a really big target and don’t be afraid to ask people to support you.
- Do something that takes you into your discomfort zone. Have a think about what that thing might be and make sure it’s the appropriate level of challenge at the appropriate time.
“[The Arctic Circle Race] is absolutely brutal. It’s the most extraordinary challenge. It’s more like the world’s toughest herring-boning and walking race with bits of skiing.”
“If you feel that life is pretty smooth and you want to test yourself in some way, then start to look at what you can do. Kick some ideas around.”
Thanks for listening!
If you want to ask any questions, give any feedback, or perhaps kick out some suggestions for future events that we could do or that you’re thinking of doing, we’d love to hear from you!
Jump on to the Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page or drop me an email!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Team Endurance’s Fundraising Page
- Chuckling Goat
- Red Light Rising
- Techneco Homes
- Perfect Information
- Miguels Boxing Gym
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
Previous episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- Why More and More of Us Are Taking Part in Extreme Sporting Events with Spencer Locker of Who Dares Wins
More from Leanne Spencer: