Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What might it be costing your health now and in the future when you do nothing? In this week’s Insights, I delve into how doing nothing can be detrimental to your health, fitness, and wellbeing goals. I hope to inspire you to move out of that state of doing nothing and start taking action.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why doing something, no matter how small, makes a big difference
- What motivates people to take action
- What is “the minimal effective dose” and how to bring it all together to make some change
- Why sleep is important
- Steps you can take to care for your mental health
- What you can do to get more energy
- The little changes that you make will snowball into a much bigger effect.
- The way that many people are living their lives today is going to be costing their future health.
- Sleep has a profound effect on all other aspects of our health.
- A lot of people who lack energy are just not moving enough.
- Do something! Whether you’re thinking of making significant lifestyle changes, picking up a fitness routine, hiring a coach to help you out in any aspect of health or wellbeing, just do something. Don’t just sit on the motivation or sit on the money for now.
- Look into what you can do to improve the amount and quality of your sleep.
- Consider having a news ban.
- Look to small things that you can start doing to get more energy.
- If you want to change your body composition, look to build more muscle and do things for fat burning.
- Support your digestive health by bringing in more prebiotics and probiotics and getting a gut test.
- Prioritize your mental health and recovery.
“The sleep that you’re not getting at the moment, the way that your mental health is suffering, the way perhaps your physical health is suffering could be taking years off your useful life, what we call health span, late down the line.”
“Take action now! Some people could be motivated by the impact that they’re going to see tonight or tomorrow or next week or next month or in the mirror… Others are more motivated by knowing they’re doing the right thing further down the line.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Past episodes mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- The Links Between Sleep and Body Composition: The Secret to Unlocking Weight Loss with Sleep Scientist Dr. Greg Potter
- Why We Sleep and How to Get the Sleep You Need with Sleep Expert James Wilson
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer