Are you feeling a lack of control over what’s happening in your life? How is that affecting your wellbeing? What can you do about it?
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Feeling a lack of control and frustration about the pandemic
- Tips on how you can get more control and create more spontaneity in your life
- Internal vs external locus of control
- There are a lot more things that you can control than you think.
- If you have an internal locus of control, you feel in control of things, that your decisions and your say matter, and that you profoundly affect your life and the direction it takes.
- An external locus of control is when you don’t have any feelings of power, agency, or control. You feel that life will happen to you and that you can’t change it.
Pick out what works for you. Pick out what you think you can tangibly implement rather than trying to absorb everything.
- Look to focus on what you can control. Have daily goals. Define your non-negotiables.
- Pick a cause and get behind it.
- Change your locus of control.
“I’m starting to see people’s wellbeing suffer from a lack of control and the frustration about the pandemic. The frustration that we can’t do things, we can’t travel, we can’t see people, we can’t connect in some of the ways that we are designed to and really want to.”
“I think we can take such positive messages from nature. No matter what’s happened to you, no matter how upended and uprooted you feel, you will find a way back to the light, you will find a way to thrive again. So hang in there!”
As always, if you want to register your interest in some of the ideas that I’m putting together with Bodyshot Performance, send an email to email@example.com.
Let me know your thoughts and feedback. If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test. You’ll get a free personalised 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.