What does the Joshua v Ruiz Jr. boxing match have to do with health, fitness, and wellbeing? As a boxing fan, I talk about a couple of interesting observations that I’ve made from this fight.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The boxing fight between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jr.
- The things I realized from the fight
- Don’t overlook what’s in front of you, thinking too much about the future. There’s nothing wrong with setting goals, but if you’re always setting goals and striving towards them, you may just overlook what’s in front of you.
- Don’t miss out on the joy in your day-to-day life. Rather than worrying about that one-year, three-year, five-year, ten-year goal, be present and take joy in the here and now.
- Be present.
- Be prepared.
- Always fight back.
“Life, in a lot of ways, is a little bit like a boxing match. You get a lot of punches thrown at you, you’ve got to bob and duck to avoid those shots, you’re going to have to take some, but hopefully, you’re going to throw a lot back as well and keep moving yourself forward.”
“If there isn’t a lot of joy in your day-to-day living, change something.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer: