Do you have a lot of things on your mind and get confused about what you need to keep and value? In this Insights episode, I’ll share my thoughts on how to give importance or when to value things in your life. These are based on what I’ve heard, read from books, and also based on my personal experience.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- The Idea or Concept of a Junk Value
- What Are The Signs of a Junk Value
- How To Get Rid of Junk Values
- According to Johann Hari, the idea of junk value is when we are valuing something that isn’t worthy of being valued. It isn’t deeply connected to anything that’s important.
- One of the reasons why people are in chronic stress with their jobs is because they are getting very little reward from it, except financial. As a result, they don’t feel good about what they do.
- Wellbeing is about connection to meaningful work, purpose, values, nature, and helping others.
- We’ve always been in a storyline telling us that having stuff equates to feeling better about ourselves or to be clear about our status in the world. And this triggers us to work in jobs that we’re unhappy with.
- Always see the purpose over material possession
- Get rid of the things that will take away your happiness
- Invest on things that have real value in your life
“The world is created, structured and set up entirely to reenforce for you that you need things to be happy”.
“Consume less to live more considerately, more mindfully and more sustainably”.
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Link to Minimalists episode with Johann Hari on Youtube:
More from Leanne Spencer: