In this week’s Insights, I’m going to talk about some of the data that I got from the Oura Ring. And guess what? The effect of my meditation practice shows the complete opposite of what it should be.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What the Oura Ring does
- The Oura Ring’s Moment feature
- Tracking the effect of my meditation session on my resting heart rate and my heart rate variability
- Meditation and what it means to different people
- What the Oura Ring does is it tracks some of your key biomarkers: resting heart rate, body temperature, and heart rate variability (HRV); sleep; and activity and inactivity.
- The real selling point of the Oura Ring is it cross-correlates your activity and inactivity data points to give you a readiness or recovery score.
- Generally, the lower your resting heart rate, the healthier you are.
- Heart rate variability is a really good indicator of how rested and recovered your nervous system is.
- Ideally, after meditation, your heart rate variability should increase and your resting heart rate should decrease.
- Meditation can be lots of different things to people. Painting, knitting, taking a walk, and being in nature can be very meditative.
- Consider getting an Oura Ring.
- Find something that you really love that is meditative for you.
“Other kinds of activities can be just as good, if not better for some people, than a conventional sitting down, breathing, eyes shut meditation session.”
“Find something that is meditative for you, and you might find you just get more benefit from it than sitting there trying to force yourself to do a conventional meditation session, whether you’re using an app or not.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for 10% off
More from Leanne Spencer: