Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Do you find yourself overworking most of the time? Has overworking become an addiction for you? Listen in as I share my insights on this subject.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How overwork impacts your life and your relationships
- Applauding the people who work hard versus applauding those who have a more healthy, balanced lifestyle
- Changing your role models and the people you look up to
- Overwork could be seen as a form of self-abuse in the way we might consider alcohol, overeating, or undereating as abuse to self and detrimental behaviour.
- Overwork can affect your family in a way that drinking too much alcohol does.
- Overwork also affects your relationship with friends and impact, your expression of values.
- Overwork impacts the time you get to spend on your hobbies and your ability to practice heartfulness.
- Take the Health IQ test
- Pick one thing this week that you’re going to do a little differently to try and step back from overworking or reverse your overworking tendency.
“We tend to reward or even applaud people that really put a shift on a consistent basis… but I wonder if we’re doing them a disservice and doing society in general a disservice by applauding people for this.”
“When I changed my role models and the people I looked up to, I changed the expectations I had of myself around work.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
What are your thoughts on overworking? Jump on to social media and let us know what you think or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Leanne’s book Rise and Shine
- The Corporate Athlete Webinar: How to get your teams ready for the rigours of business life – SIGN UP HERE
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer