What kind of adventures have you got planned? Listen in as I share the adventures I’ve got coming up and just how important adventures are in life.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The adventures I’ve got going
- The importance of having adventure in your life
- The effects that adventure can have on the brain and body
- For most of us, life is a “velvet rut”. The pressures of work and home can often squeeze out any bandwidth we have for working on the things we love in life.
- Adventure varies from person to person. It doesn’t always have to be grand. It can be as simple as finding new areas to take a walk, learning to play a new instrument, or meeting new people.
- From a body perspective, when we do something new, we get a nice dose of “happy hormones” in the the body.
- Go have an adventure. Have as much adventure as you can get.
- Think about the things that you do on a regular basis and how much time amongst all that is there for adventure.
“[Adventure] will vary from person to person. My idea of adventure can be your hell, your adventure can be my hell.”
“Often, we don’t have time for adventure. We think we don’t have time for it. We think it’s not for us. But actually, we’re all quite adventurous in our own ways.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
What are your thoughts on overworking? Jump on to social media and let us know what you think or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- The Corporate Athlete Webinar: How to get your teams ready for the rigours of business life – SIGN UP HERE
More from Leanne Spencer: