What does it take to creating a culture around wellbeing in the workplace? Forster Communications Marketing Manager, Kate Parker talks about their employee wellbeing strategy and how every employee’s health is important to the organisation.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Creating a culture change around wellbeing
- What contributes to an individual’s wellbeing
- How to create a vital and energised workforce
- Training employees to push back with clients and maintaining healthy working hours
- The impact of having an employee wellbeing strategy
- Having energy from the leadership team has empowered people from across the business to suggest and do different initiatives themselves.
- Irrespective of the size of the company, if you’re trying to affect a change around wellbeing, when somebody at the top is willing to say, “Actually, this is what mental health means to me, this is what movement means to me, this is what I do to protect my health,” it’s much easier to affect a culture change further down the chain.
- Wellbeing is physical and mental health as well as the way that you give back and get involved in society.
- The two biggest issues are diversity and inclusion and mental health. When it comes to mental health, you absolutely can’t rest on your laurels.
- If you’re the owner of a company or someone in the executive leadership team, address the health of the people for the health of the business. Make sure that any program that you do is what the employees want, that it has an impact, that we can track and see improvements and feedback, and that it’s meaningful to them.
“Because it’s so mainstream, it’s okay to talk about looking after your wellbeing, and that’s maybe a positive thing that’s come out of it being everywhere. It’s just I think also the downside of that is that it can be dismissed sometimes like a fluffy thing…”
“There has to be an environment that supports wellbeing, but it’s up to the individual to do it and to take advantage of those things. And if it isn’t 50-50, if it’s all push from one side, then you’re just this employee thinking that big brother is nagging you…”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
More from Kate Parker:
More from Leanne Spencer: