What’s the best remedy for colds and flu? This week’s Insights puts the spotlight on six natural remedies that can speed up your recovery the next time you catch a cold.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 6 natural remedies to shake off a cold
- The benefits of an Epsom salt bath
- The benefits of infrared sauna
- When you’re ill, you double down on what you eat in a positive sense.
- The intelligent thing to do when you’re sick is to go to bed.
- If you really are ill, the responsible thing to do is to be at home, in bed, and not spreading the virus about.
- An Epsom salt bath is really good for detoxification. It has sleep-enhancing properties and is really good for easing the body.
- Raw garlic can be very good when you’ve got a cough or cold or a chest infection. It’s quite a good prebiotic.
- Eat well, especially when you’re sick. Give your body all the nourishment it needs to fight off infection.
- Try these remedies for when you catch a cold or flu:
- Get total bed rest to help your body and support your immune system.
- Have a nightly hot bath with Epsom salts.
- Get infrared sauna treatment.
- Take raw garlic. Chop the garlic and leave it for 10 minutes before consuming it or before heating it.
- Drink double or triple doses of goat milk kefir.
- Take high-dose vitamin C (after consulting your doctor)
“People completely throw all their good habits out the window when they’re sick… That’s the worst thing to do.”
“The intelligent thing to do when you’re sick is to go to bed.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things I discuss in the show:
- Eating on the Wild Side: The Missing Link to Optimum Health by Jo Robinson
- Chuckling Goat
- NutriTrust Vitamin C
- Viridian Ester C
More from Leanne Spencer: