Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is the “energy jar”? Take a listen and find out how these concepts can apply to you.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The concept of the “energy jar”
- What it means to be a “corporate athlete”
- How I’ve been preparing for the Arctic Circle Race
- The energy jar is a metaphor for the amount of energy that we have in our body.
- Our energy is a finite resource.
- The energy we have in our body is just in one place. We haven’t got separate pockets of energy that we can distribute or dip into.
- We need to see ourselves as athletes would.
- Take a look at your schedule, understand what are the peak points for you, and then figure out how you can get yourself fit so you can be in your prime when that peak time comes.
- After that peak period, take a little bit of time off and start to do more fun, relaxing things. Do lots of active rest. Don’t hit the gym as hard, and let your body recover.
- Learn to adapt your schedule according to how you’re feeling.
“Why so many of us are falling out of love with life, why many of us are experiencing chronic stress, many of us are experiencing burnout, and that’s simply because we are not planning and pacing ourselves.”
“If you start to think of yourself as an athlete, then I think you’re going to start looking at things in a more intelligent way.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer