How to Attract and Retain Talent and Make Wellbeing a Competitive Advantage with the Award-Winning HR Specialist Teresa Boughey of Jungle HR
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Android |
In line with our event, Increasing Employee Engagement and Retention: What Part Does Wellbeing Play and Why Does It Matter, I bring you this bonus episode with Teresa Boughey where she shares her thoughts on wellbeing and its importance in the corporate world.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why wellbeing is something that business owners and executives need to think about
- What makes wellbeing a competitive advantage
- Why it’s the right thing to do to look after people and create that culture around wellbeing in the workplace
- Some best practices of companies around wellbeing
- The problem with presenteeism and its solution
- The legal implications when a company ignores the importance if wellbeing
- Using the TRIBE methodology in building and weaving diversity into an organisation
- Wellbeing in the workplace is really critical. It’s making sure that people come to work, that they are fit and healthy, and that they’ve got the right environment for them to be able to thrive.
- The days of attracting talent through corner offices and cars and huge salary packages are probably gone and will center more around wellbeing as the company’s competitive advantage.
- When employees feel that they are trusted by the company, they will give increased discretionary effort and go the extra mile in their work.
Action Steps for Business Owners and Executives:
- Tune in to what the millennials will want and need in order for them to be the next generation of the workforce.
- Recognise the importance of having a workforce that is absolutely fit and healthy to deliver at work.
- Ensure that you have the right environment for your workforce to thrive and grow.
- Build diversity into your organisation.
“[Wellbeing] is an absolute and essential ingredient for any organisation to operate effectively.”
“Wellness and engagement definitely go hand in hand.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested to learn more about wellbeing in the workplace, do join our event in London on Tuesday, 3rd July, called Increasing Employee Engagement and Retention: What Part Does Wellbeing Play and Why Does It Matter. Tickets are free so make sure you don’t lose your chance to make it!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things we discuss in the show:
Increasing Employee Engagement and Retention: What Part Does Wellbeing Play and Why Does It Matter – an event by Bodyshot Performance Limited
More from Teresa Boughey:
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer