Did you know that the root cause of all health issues is in the gut? Board certified nutrition specialist and digestive health expert Dr. Christine Rosche talks to us about the gut/brain connection and being healthy by keeping our gut healthy.
In this episode you will learn:
- Why is gut health important?
- What is the essence of functional medicine and how is it different from crisis medicine?
- How can we enhance the functioning of our gut?
- What are some of the common health issues relating to the gut?
- What factors affect our microbiome?
- The gut microbiome is the most critical organ for the functioning and health of every part of our body including our brain.
- The latest research data shows that every organ has its own microbiome and that it’s not just in the gut. For example, breast cancer patients all have the same dysbiotic or bad bacteria growing in their breast tissue, which had migrated, and it was related to the health of the gut.
- You don’t necessarily need to be presenting with symptoms to carry around a strain of bacteria that is actually very harmful to your health.
- Do breathing exercises before you eat, or if you’re already eating, slow down and take some deep breaths.
- Get an annual testing for your gut health.
Dr .Rosche says:
“The field of functional medicine needs to be acknowledged.”
“The very first thing to realize is that we are a microbiome — our whole body is a microbiome.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things we discuss in the show:
Digestive Health Center – SPECIAL OFFER! Get $300 off a digestive stool testing including parasitology and a consultation with Dr Rosche herself! Get it for only $797 instead of the usual $1,097.
Past episode mentioned:
More from Dr. Christine Rosche:
More from Leanne Spencer: