What is a corporate athlete? What does it take to be one? Learn your way to becoming a corporate athlete and overcoming the rigours of daily life.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How to improve aspects of your wellbeing that you haven’t thought so much about
- The areas you can focus on to try and represent that corporate athlete idea
- Eustress vs Distress
- Examples of eustress
- Sympathetic dominance vs parasympathetic dominance
- Practicing heartfulness
- The importance of autonomy, variety, and getting connected to your values
- Effective fat-burning strategies
- Sleep is probably the most important thing when we’re talking about health. It’s a great place to start for a whole host of health issues.
- Eustress is when you put your body under positive stress.
- The ideal blueprint for fitness for most people is something like this: one hard or heavy session once a week, one cardiovascular session once a week, one stretching or flexibility session or a more parasympathetic dominant session once a week.
- Heartfulness is getting connected to the things that you love doing, getting back to your hobbies, and making sure that you’ve got lots of opportunities for movement.
- Heartfulness is doing something for other people and feeling a sense of contribution.
- Feeling like you’re in control of your life is an important part of wellbeing.
- One of the very effective fat-burning strategies there are for most people is a combination of three things:
- Getting up in the morning and going for some fasted cardio, and then getting a cold shower for as long as you can endure. Cold water accelerates fat burning.
- Doing intermittent fasting. It isn’t technically a caloric restriction diet. All you’re doing is you’re shrinking the window in which you’re eating food.
- Personalising your diet.
- Avoid being sleep-starved. Sleep a good amount of quality sleep.
- Find ways to put your body into eustress.
- Get into your discomfort zone.
- Practice active rest and exercise snacking.
- Don’t neglect the recovery aspect of trying to get fit.
- Practice heartfulness.
- Apply fat-burning strategies for weight management.
- Manage your blood sugar levels.
- Personalise your diet.
“Consistency comes when you’re really clear on [your] non-negotiables and also when you’re really wedded to the outcome that you want.”
“That’s the future of health, fitness, and wellbeing — it’s personalisation… Genetic testing, blood testing, gut testing, all that kind of stuff is definitely going to be the future [along with] wearable tech.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer: