How can we recover more effectively? In Part 2 of my interview with Bob Troia, we talk more about recovery strategies and what they entail, and the usefulness of heart rate variability as a measurement of nervous system recovery.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Nervous system recovery
- Using light therapy, percussion therapy, and NormaTec compression boots for recovery
- The benefits of infrared sauna and cold exposure
- Breathwork and heart rate variability
- Cold temperature, in general, has great anti-inflammatory properties for the body, so doing cold exposure knocks down inflammation. But also, it’s training your body to stay calm under stressful conditions.
- Breathing intentionally is very powerful for positively changing your physiology. There’s breathwork you can do to reset your sympathetic/parasympathetic response.
- Submit your body to cold exposure.
- Try to maintain day to day slow, steady breathing through your nose.
“When we say nervous system recovery… a lot of it is about how do we get the body back.”
“There’s been a lot of research around this concept of heat shock proteins… or the idea that you train and then exposing the body to the heat… So I think if you’re trying to increase muscle growth and all that… it’s said to have benefit for that.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Past episode mentioned that you shouldn’t miss:
- What Data To Track And Measure To Optimise Your Health With Tech Entrepreneur And Biohacker Bob Troia
- Strategies And Tips To Recover From Travel, Jet Lag And The Busyness Of Daily Life – Part 1
- Oura Ring – use the code BODYSHOT for 10% off
- Corsense for HRV readings – use code BODYSHOT for 5% off
More from Bob Troia:
More from Leanne Spencer: