Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Why should you look to get sleep? How does sleep benefit you in terms of resilience and immunity? Leanne goes through 5 reasons why Sleep is vital for resilience and immunity.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why sleep should be your first line of defence
- At any point in the year, under any circumstance, resilience and immunity are two things we should be concerned about. Resilience — from a mental, emotional, physical, and spiritual sense, and immunity — to life’s hardships, the challenges, the rigours of daily life, and specifically to the viruses, infections, and the various illnesses that can sometimes befall us
- Thinking about the next phase of recovery and coming back to the office has put greater emphasis on the need to have good immunity.
5 reasons why sleep should be your first line of defence:
- When we sleep, we produce cytokines, which protect us against inflammation and infection
- Sleep can help flush out various systems of the body
- Sleep is anabolic
- The process of sleep not only helps us with growth and repair, but it’s when we download the day’s activities, consolidate learning, and lay down memories
- Sleep is linked with energy
- Get a solid night of sleep (7-8 hours).
- Introduce a few, little steps into your daily routine that’ll help you get better sleep.
- Look after your gut:
- Personalise your diet
- Minimise stressors
- Manage your stress levels
- Have a regimen of prebiotics and probiotics
“Sleep, in my opinion, is really crucial to resilience, and also to immunity.”
“[Energy is] absolutely vital. It’s at the very center of everything we do.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Why We Sleep by Matthew Walker
- The XX Brain by Dr Lisa Mosconi
- Seed – synbiotic for gut health
- Free webinar ‘Lead with Wellbeing’