Succulent lamb shoulder simmered in a rich spiced tagine with dried apricots & sweet potato, over vibrant broccoli rice.
- 1/2 beef stock cube
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 broccoli
- 1 brown onion
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g passata
- 20g flaked almonds
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 x 150g lamb shoulder
- 40g dried apricots
645 calories • 47g carbs • 28g fat • 32g protein
Celery, Nuts, Sulphites
1. Boil a kettle. Dissolve the half beef stock cube in a jug with 300ml boiling water.
2. Finely dice the onion and crush or finely chop the garlic. Peel and cut the sweet potato into 1cm cubes. Cut the apricots in half.
3. Season the lamb with sea salt and black pepper. Heat a medium saucepan with 2 tsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the onion for 3 mins, then add the lamb to the pan and brown on all sides for 3-4 mins. Stir in the garlic, ground coriander, ground cinnamon and smoked paprika and cook for 1 minute. Then add the passata, beef stock, sweet potato and dried apricots. Place a lid on the pan and simmer on a low-medium heat for 30 mins until the lamb is cooked through.
4. Meanwhile, heat a dry medium-sized pan on a medium-high heat and toast the almonds for 2-3 mins until golden brown.
5. Grate the broccoli into a rice consistency using a grater. Heat the same pan as the almonds were in and add the broccoli rice with 2 tbsp water, cook for 3-4 mins, stirring constantly until the broccoli has slightly softened.
6. Thinly slice the lamb shoulder. Spoon the broccoli rice onto two warm plates and top with the sauce and the lamb shoulder. Sprinkle over the toasted flaked almonds.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person.
This is a recipe from the Mindful Chef, and if you’d like to sign up to receive their healthy recipe boxes, just use the code BODYSHOT at checkout and you will receive £10 off your first box. They offer a wide variety of recipes including vegetarian and vegan options.