Juicy pork meatballs infused with chipotle, garlic and fresh coriander alongside a delicious Mexican-style rice loaded with sweetcorn, spinach and spring onions.
- 120g sweetcorn (drained)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g passata
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp tomato puree
- 2 tsp chipotle paste
- 2 x 150g pork mince
- 40g spinach
- 80g brown rice
- Large handful of fresh coriander
504 calories • 50g carbs • 17g fat • 39g protein
1. Boil a kettle. Rinse the brown rice and place in a saucepan with 400ml boiling water and a pinch of sea salt. Simmer for 20-25 mins until cooked.
2. Finely chop the garlic and finely chop the coriander leaves. Place the pork mince and half of the fresh coriander in a bowl with the garlic and half of the chipotle paste, season with sea salt and mix well. Form into 14 small balls.
3. Heat a medium-sized pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium-high heat and cook the pork meatballs for 10 mins, turning occasionally, until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Heat the same pan on a medium heat and add the passata, 100ml boiling water, the tomato puree, spinach, remaining chipotle paste, remaining fresh coriander, a pinch of sea salt and cook for 2 mins. Then add the meatballs, stir to coat in the sauce and simmer gently with a lid on the pan for 5 mins or until the meatballs are cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, finely slice the spring onions.
6. Drain the brown rice and place back into the saucepan. Drain the sweetcorn and stir into the brown rice along with the spring onions. Heat the saucepan gently for 2 mins until the sweetcorn is heated through.
7. Spoon the Mexican-style rice into two warm bowls and top with the chipotle pork meatballs and sauce.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person.
This is a recipe from the Mindful Chef, and if you’d like to sign up to receive their healthy recipe boxes, just use the code BODYSHOT at checkout and you will receive £10 off your first box. They offer a wide variety of recipes including vegetarian and vegan options.