For a lighter version of pesto pasta, we’ve opted for fresh courgette ribbons instead of spaghetti. Balanced with tender free-range Cumbrian chicken, toasted pine nuts and sweet sundried tomatoes.
- 1/2 lemon
- 15g pine nuts
- 1 red onion
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp vegan basil pesto
- 2 x 170g free-range chicken breast
- 300g courgette
- 40g sundried tomatoes
- 80g spinach
446 calories • 13g carbs • 24g fat • 49g protein
1. Remove the ends of the courgettes, but leave the skin on. Prepare the courgetti noodles using a peeler and slice the courgettes into long thin strips (or use a julienne peeler or spiralizer if you have one).
2. Finely slice the red onion. Roughly chop the sundried tomatoes. Thinly slice the chicken.
3. Heat a dry medium-sized pan on a medium heat and cook the pine nuts for 2-3 mins until toasted. Remove from the pan and set aside.
4. Heat the same pan with 1 tbsp oil on a medium heat and cook the onion for 3 mins. Then add the chicken to the pan and cook for 8 mins.
4. Add the spinach and sundried tomatoes to the pan and cook for 2 mins or until the chicken is cooked through and the spinach has wilted.
5. Then add the courgetti to the pan and stir through the basil pesto and the juice from the half lemon. Cook for a further minute.
6. Spoon the chicken pesto courgetti into two warm bowls and sprinkle over the toasted pine nuts.
Recipe for two people, halve the ingredients for one person
This is a recipe from the Mindful Chef, and if you’d like to sign up to receive their healthy recipe boxes, just use the code BODYSHOT at checkout and you will receive £10 off your first box. They offer a wide variety of recipes including vegetarian and vegan options.