Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Has your motivation for change dissipated? Here are 3 things that you can do to get your enthusiasm and motivation for change back.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What to do when your motivation for change disappears
- The minimal effective dose
- Lassoing habits
- The minimal effective dose is the smallest thing that you can do that pushes your health in a positive direction.
- A succession of small changes means it’s sustainable and helps you to achieve consistency.
- Start NOW. Do something that gets you back towards your goal.
- Pair the minimal effective dose with the “start now” strategy.
- Lasso habits.
“What I find really facilitates change is when you get your mental game into things. When you start to feel better, you’ll be more incentivised to do other things.”
“If you don’t have that strong motivation factor, I find that quite often things will go by the wayside.”
As always, if you want to register your interest in some of the ideas that I’m putting together with Bodyshot Performance, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
Let me know your thoughts and feedback. If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to episodes mentioned:
Survival In The Highlands: An Epic Adventure With Leanne Spencer
Taking Part In The World’s Toughest Ski Race: The Arctic Circle Race
Natural Navigation: The Beautiful Art And Science Of Being Able To Shape Your Journey With Tristan Gooley