In this episode, I interview Nikki Love, an extraordinary person who lives by three words- love, fun, and adventure. Listen in as she talks about her adventures and what drives her to take the challenge of breaking the world record running across Australia.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Nikki’s adventures and the life of running
- Moving to England and building a new life
- Gearing up for different marathon events
- The books and the people that became Nikki’s influences
- What drives Nikki to keep challenging herself
- Battling insecurities and nagging fears
- What Nikki does to train mentally
- How Nikki juggles between being a mother, running a business, and going on adventures
- To make things happen, you have to start working on things to create the life that you want.
- You don’t always have to listen to other people when they try to talk you out of a challenge. Sometimes you only have to listen to yourself and find your own dreams.
- If what you can do helps other people, there’s more purpose to it.
- Working on your mental toughness is essential when preparing for marathons.
- Give yourself a goal or a target, and then do it.
- Know your purpose and your bigger WHY.
- Keep a journal of what you’re going to do, but write them in the past tense. In this way, when you read it, you’re reinforcing to your subconscious that you’ve already done it.
“Life throws things at you, and when things are thrown at you, you start thinking, ‘Maybe I can’t do this. Maybe I’m pushing just one step too far.’ But then I have to think again about why it is that I’d want to give it a go in the first place.”
“You have to work out what it is that you genuinely want. And if that means that you journal that lifestyle that you want, then eventually you will start making the decisions and the choices to implement the results that you want.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- 50/50: Secrets I Learned Running 50 Marathons in 50 Days — and How You Too Can Achieve Super Endurance! by Dean Karnazes
- Just a Little Run Around the World: 5 Years, 3 Packs of Wolves and 53 Pairs of Shoes by Rosie Swale Pope
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Nikki:
More from Leanne Spencer: