Have you heard of a wearable device that can measure your blood sugar levels? In this week’s Insights, I talk about why I use a continuous blood glucose monitor and why you should think about using one yourself.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is a continuous blood glucose monitor?
- Why is monitoring blood sugar important?
- Why do I use a continuous glucose monitor?
- What are some possible causes of an inflammatory response
- What is the role of insulin and why do we want to have good insulin sensitivity?
- There are three aspects to this that make it a really important topic:
- You can gain some insights into how you can manage your energy
- It can be beneficial for weight management.
- It can help in controlling inflammation.
- An inflammatory situation could be caused by consuming gluten, and that sensitivity can come and go depending on your gut.
- Glycemic variability or blood sugar regulation and controlling inflammation are two things that can help you achieve longevity.
- Think a little bit about blood sugar and find out whether your blood sugar is well-managed. Get a blood test to find out what your blood sugar levels are like or wear a continuous glucose monitor.
- Tune in to your body and observe your energy levels.
- Check to see the effect of certain foods on your blood sugar.
“One of the key things that we know now about longevity… is inflammation is a key indicator of longevity of health. The other one being blood sugar regulation.”
“We should all be interested in health span, not life span… so looking to live a long and healthy life where we can be useful and energetic, rather than living a long life but the last 20 years we’ve been unable to walk or feed ourselves and so on.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer: