Podcast: Play in new window | Download
This week’s Insights is Part 2 of my continuous blood glucose monitor episode. I have been wearing it for a little over 10 days now, and I have found some really interesting things about it that I want to share with you.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What does the blood glucose monitor look like?
- Is it uncomfortable to wear?
- What is the link between food and mood?
- What does it mean to have good insulin sensitivity?
- Food can profoundly influence our mood.
- Certain foods contain something called tryptophan, which is a precursor to serotonin, a neurotransmitter that makes us feel happy and good about ourselves and the world around us.
- There are also foods that can make us feel really low and foods that can really manipulate our blood sugars.
- You want insulin to be quick to release in the presence of glucose and then for it to quickly do its job of taking that glucose out of the blood.
- If you find that you have those moments of despondency or low mood, an immediate thing to look at would be food. What food are you eating?
- Take short walks before and after a rich meal to help control your blood sugar.
“The best way to maintain good blood sugar levels is exercise.”
“When you finish an exercise session, you’re not necessarily hungry because you have got elevated glucose in the blood that’s fueling you and energizing you.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Continuous Blood Glucose Monitor
Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
Past episode you shouldn’t miss:
Insights: Why I’m Measuring My Blood Sugar Levels Using a Continuous Glucose Monitor
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer