What does wellbeing mean to you? When creating a culture of energy, vitality, and performance, where does wellbeing sit amongst all of that? Take a listen as we dive into what wellbeing actually means in this week’s Insights.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How we define wellbeing
- What being happy means for me
- My personal core values
- Why a lot of people struggle with wellbeing
- What self-care includes
- How I maintain a high-level of wellbeing in my life
- Some definitions of wellbeing:
- Wellbeing is being happy.
- Wellbeing is having time for self-care and not feeling burnt out.
- Wellbeing is having flexibility in your schedule.
- Wellbeing is having autonomy.
- Wellbeing is the feeling of being listened to. It is having a voice.
- Wellbeing is having trust in yourself and other people having trust in you.
- You need to have a purpose, and your career or your job needs to fulfill that purpose.
- The future of business is going to be much more around the wellbeing of the employees, and that is going to include flexibility and autonomy.
- Look at your life and think: Are there areas where I can be more autonomous? Do I have to kowtow to the various different people in life or can I take a little bit more control of this?
- Try to put some flexibility in your schedule by building in micro breaks into it.
“Having the bandwidth to do something for yourself is a crucial part of wellbeing. Otherwise, we can just feel those convergent pressures of work and home, squeezing us and squeezing us until we’re on a hamster wheel of work-kids-chores-work-kids-chores or whatever it might be.”
“If we feel that we are not being listened to, if we feel that we don’t make any sort of contribution, we’re not valued, it’s crucial that we have that feeling in order to feel happy and have a sense of wellbeing.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer: