Podcast: Play in new window | Download
In the meantime, here are our top tips for maintaining and building a healthy immune system. We will be back in late Spring! Stay well 🙂
How can you keep your immune system strong? Listen in as we share some tips and strategies that you can implement to make sure you’re robust, resilient, and healthy.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- 8 tips for maintaining and building a healthy immune system
- Our top 8 tips for keeping your immune system healthy
- Make sure you’re getting at least 7 hours of sleep each night.
- Have a healthy diet with loads of fruits and vegetables.
- Exercise, especially outdoors. Any form of movement is going to be beneficial within the confines of what you can do and what you’re allowed to do.
- Manage stress.
- Avoid sugar.
- Reduce alcohol intake. This will help you strengthen your immune system.
- Eat fermented foods to keep your gut microbes happy.
- Take vitamin D. Most of us coming out of winter are going to be low in vitamin D, and that affects energy, mental health, and the immune system.
- Get enough good quality sleep.
- Try and incorporate vegetables in a smoothie.
- Manage your stress by doing breathing exercises like box breathing, meditation, gardening, walking, low-intensity exercises, etc.
- Avoid sugar.
- Reduce your alcohol intake.
- Eat fermented foods.
- Get yourself a high-dose vitamin D spray or tablet.
“Don’t start your day sleep-starved. It’s going to make things much more difficult for you, particularly in these very testing and tricky times.”
“In these times, mental health is as important as physical health. You need to be keeping well and staying well mentally so you make good decisions and keep yourself chipper and mentally afloat during this time.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
What are your thoughts on overworking? Jump on to social media and let us know what you think or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer