Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Looking at the workforce, what are things that contribute to people’s wellbeing? What are the things that make people enjoy their job and feel happy to be at work? Join me as I share my insights on Mercer’s 2018 Global Talent Trends Study.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Mercer’s 2018 Global Talent Trends Study
- Wellbeing in the workplace
- How companies will change in terms of competing for talent
- Game-changing companies and how they compete
- The 3 things that make people enjoy their job and feel happy to be at work:
- Policies around flexibility
- The company’s purpose
- The company’s commitment to health and wellbeing
- Most of us work in a company that’s much bigger than ourselves, that isn’t owned by us, so we fit into somebody else’s definition of the culture. This can make it quite tricky to manage good wellbeing.
- How companies will be competing against each other for people’s talents and time is going to be changing, and it’s going to be centered more around wellbeing.
- Companies who are truly game-changing, who understand what wellbeing is and its importance, will compete using their wellbeing strategy as the lead.
- If you’re an employer, you should be deeply interested in things like resilience, life changes, self-care, wellbeing, and weight management for your people.
- Educate yourself on how to be more resilient, how to manage self-care, how to handle life changes, how to sleep better, how to have good mental health and how to keep yourself energised.
- With regards to flexibility, purpose, commitment to health and wellbeing, when you’re looking around for a role or evaluating a current role, ask some questions around the flexible working scheme:
- Do they have an agile working scheme? Do they have a work-from-home policy? And then ask how often it’s actually used. Talk to members of your future team and ask them what happens in reality when you ask to work from home. And ask whether leaders do this. Ask lots of questions about how it works in practice.
- Figure out your own purpose and look for a company that enables you to live out that purpose, that embodies all your values.
- Ask a lot of questions in the health and wellbeing commitment piece. Find out how that works in the company.
“A wellbeing policy that’s built around the many different values people have makes you want to stay somewhere. It’s a great tool for attracting and retaining employees.”
“Assuming that those are your priorities — flexibility, purpose, and health and wellbeing commitment — you are much more likely to find a role in which you are happy.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer