Where does nature fit in with your overall sense of wellbeing? If it’s important to you, how can you get more of it into your life?
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The benefits of being outdoors
- The efficacy of spending time in nature for your wellbeing
- Bringing nature indoors
- Junk values and how disconnected people have become
- Anybody who is struggling with wellbeing, mental health, or physical health, if you were to increase the amount of time you spend in nature, you’re guaranteed to get some uplift in your overall sense of wellbeing.
- Nature can be very healing, soothing, and restorative. Just putting a single plant in a hospital, an office, or a classroom has been known to decrease feelings of stress and anxiety.
- A study in mind found that 95% of people reported their mood improving just by being outside.
- Nature improves focus and provides respite.
- Junk values propel us toward making bad decisions.
- Nature is a wonderful way of reconnecting.
- Take a 10-minute brisk walk every day.
- Counter-balance tech with touch.
- Make sure that your values are solid values on which to build your life around and not junk values.
“Just having a little bit of biophilia, which is essentially bringing nature indoors, can make use feel a little bit better.”
“What’s really important is sucking the marrow out of life… It’s about living considerately and truthfully and mindfully and putting value in things that aren’t necessarily material, you can’t necessarily see them, like connected relationships.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- The Corporate Athlete Webinar: How to get your teams ready for the rigours of business life – SIGN UP HERE
- Insights Episode: My Thoughts on Junk Values
More from Leanne Spencer: