Have you ever experienced being fatigued and weak but could not understand why? In this week’s Insights episodes, I talked about the early signs of burnout aka the ‘mystery sickness’ and how to recover and turn it around.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The early signs of burnout that your body sends
- How to recover from the symptoms of burnout
- What happened was, Monday morning, I woke up and felt very fatigued and my limbs were heavy. I had a slight aversion to light, a slight headache, and real apathy. I did not want to get out of bed, I felt I was pressed down into the mattress. I had no appetite and spent the rest of the day in bed. It was a very, very odd feeling and it lasted for about three days.
- On the fourth day, I went out. I had to sit down a lot. I was really weak and very low in energy. That was the first time it happened. I could not understand what was going on. In hindsight, it was because I was doing a lot.
- I just looked at my schedule and thought, ‘What am I going to take out from this and do less of?’, because it was very clear that I had been doing too much
- All of that requires discipline. It requires acceptance that we are not supermen/superwomen. That is not relatable and not sustainable. I started to train more intelligently and work intelligently as well, delegate when I could, outsource when I could.
- Do less but with more intention.
- Remove distractions.
- Outsource and learn to delegate to have more focus on the things you need to do by yourself.
“If you are experiencing any of those types of symptoms, please take note. Take a step back. Re-evaluate what you are doing, and put the brakes on, because it is actually vital if you do so.”
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Rise and Shine: Recovery from Burnout and Get Back to Your Best
- The DNA Test for Optimal Diet and Fitness
More from Leanne Spencer: