Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Have you ever heard of the word Arbejdsglæde? You might have not heard of it before but it’s something that most of us want to have – happiness at work. In this Insights episode, I will discuss the concept of Arbejdsglæde or happiness at work.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- The concept of Arbejdsglæde or Happiness at work
- Factors affecting your happiness at work
- What you can do to create more happiness at work
- The significance of work-life-balance or work-life blend
- The difference between Job, Career, and Vocation
- Arbejdsglæde. A word that refers to happiness at work that only exists in the Scandinavian language.
- Doing something that you used to love brings back that work-life-blend.
- 50% of happiness at work is the defined environment you’re in, the job you’re working, and the people you work with. On the other hand, 50% of it comes from your own head and your attitude towards that role.
- Heartfulness is doing something that you personally love and doing something for somebody else like fundraising or charity. Both are deeply rewarding.
- A job is something that you do and gets something in exchange.
- Career is a job that you’re passionate about and that you really love.
- Vocation is a calling, a divine invitation.
- Change your emotional soundtrack
- Reconnect with something you used to love
- Regain autonomy or control
- Look at things differently
- Determine what motivates or inspires you
“The things that I love to do that have nothing to do with work make me feel more balanced. And doing something for someone else takes you entirely out of yourself”.
“Even if we talk about looking for the elusive work-life-blend, it’s still true that work can dominate”.
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Study on Time-Restricted Eating to Prevent and Manage Chronic Metabolic Diseases
Big Magic: Creative Living Beyond Fear
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer