Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What is the art of saying no? If you’re someone who’s still struggling with the word “No”, then this is something you could really use.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why it’s important to say “No”
- Why it’s important to set boundaries
- How to practice saying “No”
- Saying “No” to more things gives you more headspace.
- We talk a lot about negotiables and non-negotiables when it comes to health, fitness, and wellbeing, and in terms of saying “Yes” or “No”, it’s important to be very clear on your boundaries.
- The more you practice saying “No”, the more comfortable you’ll be with it.
- When you feel that life is a little bit more balanced and you set some healthy boundaries, and feel much better in terms of your self-esteem about that, and you’ve got a bit more headspace to do other things with that time – then you’ve got there. And you’ll know when that time comes.
- Learn to say “No”. Take time to take a breath from your schedule, take time to practice heartfulness, do things that you really love, and connect with people, nature, and yourself.
- Set boundaries.
- Pick one thing a day to say “No” to and learn to get used to hear the word “No” come out of your mouth and to gauge someone else’s reaction.
“In the conversations I have with people, I find that a lot of them really struggle with the word no.”
“We have simply too much in our diaries, both professionally and personally, and that massively impacts our wellbeing.”
Thanks for listening! Watch out for our upcoming episodes in January 2020!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer