How can eating patterns help you become even healthier? In this Insights episode, I’m going to share with you the concept of Time-Restricted Feeding or Eating that will help you to improve your health without having restrictions on calories or an actual diet.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this episode:
The concept of Time-Restricted Feeding or Eating
- The benefits of Time-Restricted Feeding or Eating
- How the fasting or eating model affects fat development
- How feeding or eating patterns help to prevent some diseases
- Time-Restricted Feeding or Eating helps brain health, reduces the risk of metabolic diseases, maintains gut integrity, blocks white and opposes cell hypertrophy, prevents brown fat from turning into white fat, reduces heart aging, and preserves muscle fitness.
- Brown and White Fat. Brown fat is more mitochondrially condensed and can be found in the upper back, shoulders and traps. On the other hand, white fat can be found around the waist or the thighs.
- Fasting can block the white fat cell hypertrophy or enlargement and development of fat cells.
- Reduce late-night snacks
- Have calorie intake in a shorter window without changing the volume
- Restrict the hours that you spend eating or consuming calories to a relatively small period of time
“We are not consciously restricting our calories, this isn’t a diet. This is a pattern of eating which we are intaking the same number of meals”.
“There are lots of reasons why I’m doing this and as I say my main measures of success will be, do I feel better? Do I feel like I have a bit more energy?”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
Study on Time-Restricted Eating to Prevent and Manage Chronic Metabolic Diseases
More from Leanne Spencer: