Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Talk about diets is all over the media. But which one should you choose? In this week’s Insights, I dive into the different kinds of diets and figure out which one is best.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The different kinds of diets out there today
- The best diet for you
- Personalising your approach to looking after your health
- DNA testing and its benefits
- Gut testing and what to look for
- The best diet for you is the one that you can stick to.
- A really sensible way of looking after your health is to personalise it.
- The one-size-fits-all approach to health is very outdated. We are very unique individuals, each with an entirely unique set of DNA. Our microbiome is extremely, extraordinarily unique to us, and it changes all the time.
- The proliferation of certain bacteria or the absence of certain bacteria in the gut, or just a lack of diversity of bacteria contribute to lots of different chronic diseases.
- Inflammation is a situation that not only damages our longevity but can also lead to a series of chronic diseases.
- Personalise your approach to looking after your health.
- Consider following a diet or a nutrition plan based on two things: your DNA profile and your gut health.
- Take broad strokes advice and listen to what’s worked for people, particularly on the lifestyle side of things.
- Get both DNA testing and gut testing done.
“On the dietary side, it is a very, very unique thing. So you need to create a programme that is achievable, enjoyable, and very, very personal to you.”
“The type of diet that’s best for you is one that’s based on your DNA and one that takes into account real-time changes in the body.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer