What’s the secret to longevity? In this week’s Insights, I talk about three things that I think make up a significant contributor to the longevity of health span: nutrients, inflammation, and glycaemic variability.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Prioritizing nutrients over calories
- The things that cause inflammation and how to manage it
- Making significant changes to your diet
- Glycaemic variability and insulin sensitivity
- Inflammation in and of itself is not necessarily a bad thing.
- Chronic stress causes inflammation.
- Inflammation is a contributor to mental health conditions, and it’s a very key contributor to longevity. Avoiding an inflammatory situation in the body tends to help us to live a little bit longer.
- Eating according to your DNA will help you to reduce inflammation because you won’t be eating foods that your body fundamentally can’t process or assimilate.
- Your blood sugar fluctuates according to the food that you eat.
- Ideally, what you want to have is lots of insulin sensitivity.
- Forget about calorie counting. Think about and prioritize nutrients.
- Eat clean whole foods.
- Make significant changes to your diet.
- Manage your sugar intake.
- Eat according to your DNA. But also, eat according to your gut health.
“We can all make significant changes to our diet even if it takes us a long time. As long as you’re making steps towards a better diet and you haven’t got anything immediately critically wrong with you, then you can afford to go slow and steady.”
“Nutrients, not calories. Control your inflammation. Manage your glycaemic variability. And they are three things that not only will affect your health today in a very positive way but also improve your longevity of health span late on in your life.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer: