Have you ever tried descheduling your day? In this Insights episode, I share the things I did when I descheduled my weekend and focused on getting better by doing restorative and relaxing things.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Descheduling my weekend
- The things I did and how much better I feel
- What I did as a form of active rest
- The concept of seeing yourself as an athlete would
- Our energies sojourn from the same place.
- The majority of us are over-scheduled. We have too much going on, we don’t pay enough attention to the signals that our bodies are sending us, and we don’t factor in enough rest and recovery.
- Despite what you might think, a healthy heart does not have a regular interbeat interval but an irregular one.
- Generally speaking, the more irregular the interbeat interval, the healthier the heart.
- An athlete will peak and deload and their schedule will flex according to what they’ve got on.
- Give descheduling a try and do relaxing, restorative things.
- If you’ve had a busy week, look at the weekend you’ve got planned and take something out of that weekend just to give yourself a little bit of an opportunity to recover.
“We have too much going on, we don’t pay enough attention to the signals that our bodies are sending us, and we don’t factor in enough rest and recovery.”
“Once in a while, take stuff out of the schedule.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to share this episode with anyone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave us a rating or a review on iTunes.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer: