Podcast: Play in new window | Download
I’m excited about the fact that more people are thinking about going vegetarian or vegan. In this week’s Insights, I share my thoughts about these things and how I’m personally going about my diet and where I ultimately want to get to.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What I’m doing to make sure my principles around animal welfare are well-maintained but still consume meat
- The issues surrounding vegan and vegetarianism
- One of the issues around vegan and vegetarianism is the lack of nutrients in the diet, specifically vitamin B12. It’s possible to get a decent vegan diet but not get any decent nutrition.
- Without cutting out meat, you can change the types of meat that you’re eating and avoid the nasty meat that’s probably been massively inflated with hormones or steroids and priced cheaply.
- Going straight into vegetarian and vegan is not always a healthy option.
- If you’re not quite ready to go vegan or vegetarian all the way, then focus on the provenance of the meat that you’re eating and eat better quality meat.
“The way we treat animals, our relationship towards animals, I think, has become hideously functional. And animals, they are purely to produce milk, to produce eggs, to produce meat to ultimately make corporation money. And I find that very, very troubling.”
“There’s little point in me being principled and vegan as a result, but with very poor health, and [it’s] affecting my health span as well as my quality of daily life.”
Thanks for listening!
I’d love your feedback on this. Let me know what you think. Drop a note into the comments if you’re watching this through social media, or send me an email. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
- Farmdrop – Save £40 off your purchase.
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer