In this week’s Insights, I talk about the news of a company called Bayer that received a $2 billion fine for their product called Roundup and why this story matters.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Bayer was hit with a $2 billion fine for Roundup
- Eating organically and sourcing your produce locally from spray-free farms
- The negative impacts of products being shipped all over the country and across the world
- Roundup is a weed killer that’s used extensively around the world, particularly in the US.
- It’s been proven that being exposed to Roundup has carcinogenic effects.
- Know where your produce is coming from
- The benefits of eating organically and sourcing from spray-free farms:
- The quality of vegetables is so much higher
- You avoid consuming herbicides and pesticides on your food
- You avoid contributing to the negative impacts of products being shipped all over the country and across the world
- Eat organically.
- Source your produce locally from spray-free farms.
- Explore farmers markets.
- Grow your own vegetables.
“Open your eyes a little bit to where your produce is coming from. Is it organic? Is it from a spray-free farm? What kind of journey has it had to get to you? Has it been around the world? And once to start paying attention to this stuff, you become really tuned into it.”
“Educate yourself a little bit on what Roundup is and how that might affect you… See if you can start making some changes. It matters to health… it matters, obviously, that you don’t come into contact with carcinogenic products.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Books by Felicity Lawrence
- Not On the Label: What Really Goes into the Food on Your Plate
- Eat Your Heart Out: Why the food business is bad for the planet and your health
- Abel & Cole
- Riverford Organic Farmers
- BBC News: US jury awards $2bn damages in Roundup weedkiller cancer claim
- Goat Milk Kefir Lotions
- Goat Milk Kefir Soaps
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer: