In this week’s Insights, I wanted to talk about the importance of Pride, but also the importance of diversity on a broader level, as this directly impacts people’s wellbeing. I also share my thoughts on veganism, vegetarianism and how I’m currently consuming meat.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Diversity Role Models (DRM)
- My role as a Role Model and what the experience is like
- Examples of heartfulness
- Embracing diversity
- Making a big statement through Pride
- Doing the work with DRM is an example of heartfulness.
- Heartfulness is two things. One, it’s doing something for someone else that does have an impact for you. And two, it’s doing something that’s really for you.
- Practice heartfulness. Think about doing something for somebody else, but also reconnecting with things that you used to enjoy, even if it’s only for a short period of time per week.
- Embrace diversity. Look for the similarities between ourselves and not the differences. Look for what connects us.
“[Being a Role Model] is really good work. It’s one of the most rewarding things I do because I feel like I directly make a difference to a child’s experience and how they understand themselves and think about themselves.”
“If we looked for the similarities between ourselves and not the differences, what a different world it would be. What a much more peaceful place it would be.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer: