Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you trying to lose weight but thinking of taking a little break from it? That might not be such a good idea. In this week’s Insights, I talk about why consistency is key to losing weight.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Why you shouldn’t take a break from losing weight if you want to keep it off
- Why normalising what you do is key to keeping the weight off
- For the majority of people who are trying to lose weight and keep that weight off, the key for this is to normalise what you’re doing and get consistency around what you’re doing.
- If you are looking to lose weight, lose an amount of weight and then pause and normalise everything you’re doing. When it becomes normal to do all the things that you’ve done in order to lose that weight, then you can start again if you want to, to try and lose a little bit more.
- When your energy and your blood sugar are stable, you will find the energy and the motivation to do some of the other practices that you’re doing to lose weight.
- Health is a long game.
- If you’re trying to lose weight too quickly and you’re in a hurry about that, it actually takes a long time for the brain to catch up. And it is important to allow the brain time to catch up.
- Normalise the steps you’re taking to losing weight and don’t step backwards.
- Embed every single habit that you’ve built in to try and keep that weight off.
- Focus on one thing at a time, whether it’s controlling your alcohol intake, caffeine, carbohydrates or sugary stuff.
- Don’t be in too much of a hurry. The key is to be consistent about what you’re doing and not fall back.
“A little break is always a dangerous thing to take with any sort of habit forming… simply because what you need to do is, you need to have a lot of frequency, you need to have consistency.”
“It’s very much a long game, health. There isn’t a massive hurry. Unless you’re being called in for a triple heart bypass surgery, which most of use aren’t, there really isn’t a crazy rush [to lose weight].”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer