Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What can you do to counter some of the effects of flying across multiple time zones? Find out in this week’s Insights as I zero in on jet lag.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- The 4 things you can do to counter the effect of jet lag
- The 2 factors that impact your circadian rhythm and jet lag
- How the Human Charger works
- The two big factors that impact circadian rhythm and jet lag are light and movement.
- Light is what dictates our circadian rhythm.
- When it comes to combating jet lag, using light is absolutely critical.
- As soon as you board a plane, change the time on your watch to the time of your destination so you can already start to mentally adapt to what time it’s going to be when you land.
- When you’re onboard a flight across time zones, try to avoid eating at the times when they serve you because they serve those foods at your time of origin.
- Eat healthy snacks that are not particularly blood sugar-elevating during your flight.
- When you get to your destination and it’s 8 AM but you think it’s 3 AM, get as much exposure to natural light as you can and force yourself awake. When the afternoon comes, at around 3 or 4 PM, get a pair of blue light blocking glasses over your eyes.
- When you get to your destination, make sure to do lots of movement.
- Get a Human Charger
“Chances are, if you’ve flown across multiple time zones, you’re going to be tired. And your body is going to already be under some stress.”
“The whole travel stress… even though you’re hardly moving, it can be really quite stressful.”
Thanks for listening!
Don’t forget to share this episode with anyone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave us a rating or a review on iTunes.
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer