Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Are you perhaps more consistent than you think? Do you have struggles on what areas you need to be more sustainable and what to compromise?
In this Insights episode, I will share my best practices to have stability on every mental or physical activity to achieve more improvements and better results.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this episode:
- Redefining consistency
- How to recalibrate your mind to make significant improvements
- How to assess things to keep up with and to trade off
- The concepts and methodologies to apply to have sustainability and consistency
- Negotiables and non-negotiables. Know what you are willing to compromise on and what not to compromise on.
- Make slow and sustainable changes that you can manage on a consistent basis.
- Over time, those little changes you are making will amount to something far greater.
- Applying Sir Dave Brailsford’s concept that when you’re improving 1% on 5 or 6 different things, you’re getting a potential 5 to 6 gains. This idea applies to make improvements to your sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and overall fitness.
- Be clear on the things to compromise.
- Write down your negotiables and non-negotiables.
- Think more of the nutritional gain than overwhelming enjoyment
- Know your real intention before you do things
- Understand how you feel about the things you are doing
- Create small but manageable changes
“Consistency is being crystal clear on your negotiables and your non-negotiables”
“Rather than looking for something really big to make a change about, make it small and focus on the number of small changes that can have a far bigger effect”.
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer