How can you use your DNA as a tool to unpick some of the guesswork around what type of diet suits you and what type of exercise is best for you? Let’s deep dive into a personalised approach to health, fitness, and wellbeing by taking a look at our unique DNA.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/podcasts-blog for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- What is the DNA test and why you should be keen to take it
- How I transformed my diet
- What happens when you’re carbohydrate-sensitive
- Sensitivity to salt, caffeine, and alcohol
- The upshot of having a personalised diet
- It’s when you lose weight very slowly that it’s sustainable because you’re just making little lifestyle changes, and once they’re embedded in you, you move to the next one.
- Someone who has celiac disease cannot have any gluten in their diet.
- Sensitivity to alcohol is not about how much you can drink alcohol or how well you process alcohol in terms of a hangover. It’s about your sensitivity to alcohol in relation to cholesterol and whether you’re a fast or a slow metaboliser of alcohol.
- It’s prudent to be careful of sources of food that contain salt, but we’re now understanding that salt is not necessarily the culprit behind hypertension.
- Antioxidants help combat free radicals, which are cell-damaging molecules.
- A study has shown that increasing your portions of vegetables by just two and a half gives you extraordinary benefits in terms of reduced mortality.
- Remove some of the guesswork around your health, fitness, and wellbeing by taking the DNA test.
- Be mindful of how much salt you consume.
- Consume foods that are rich in antioxidants.
- Take a vitamin D3 test and see where your levels are at.
- Increase your portions of vegetables by two and a half.
“It’s always best, I think, to do whatever you can to take the guesswork out of health. If you can do a simple little blood test to find our what your D3 levels are, do it before your supplement… Vitamin D3 toxicity does exist.”
“The DNA is my genetic blueprint for good health. The blood gives me some real-time information about what’s going on.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- DNA test for optimum weight management and genetic blueprint for good health
- Berkey Water Filter
- Why We sleep by Matthew Walker
- Pukka Clean Greens
- Vitamin D3 Test
- Honestly Good Smoothies
- Thyme Smoothies
- Oura Ring – use discount code BODYSHOT for €50 off
More from Leanne Spencer: