How can you boost your energy? Author of The Energy Book Richard Maddocks brings his brand of unique energy to the conversation and shares some practical tips on how you can enhance your energy.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Richard got into helping professionals boost their energy
- The four different types of energy
- Some ways that you can renew your energy
- The pace of life
- Reshaping your brain
- The power of purpose
- More foreplay
- Living in the now
- There are 4 different types of personal energies:
- Physical energy is related to the quantity of energy you feel.
- Mental energy is concerned with how well you can focus your energy.
- Emotional energy is key in determining the quality of your energy.
- Purpose energy is the key factor that affects the power of the energy that you use.
- Most people are constantly slipping in from one activity to another, but the actual basic biorhythm of human life is the action-rest principle.
- It’s been proven time and time again in so many studies that when people take a break from their work roughly every 90 minutes, they have more ability for creative thinking, their level of health and wellbeing increases dramatically, and they have more ability to focus.
- Your brain takes its shape from what it focuses on. If you focus on negative things, your brain becomes more receptive to negative things. If you focus on positive things, your brain will pick up more easily on positive things.
- It’s not so much that you have to have a purpose in everything, it’s more about living life purposefully.
- You get huge amounts of positive emotional energy by just anticipating an event that you’re looking forward to.
- Put lots of energy into what you do, and then relax, reflect, recharge, and then go again.
- Reshape your brain. Journal your positive experiences.
- Before you go to sleep, write down 3 to 5 positive experiences that happened to you during the day. Do this for 1 to 2 months.
- Once a week, take a few minutes to go over the things you’ve written down during the week.
- Live your life purposefully.
- Make sure that you’re doing things that energise and excite you.
- Live in the now.
“If you just keep running, running, running, and using the energy and not taking the renewal moments and renewal opportunities, then your system starts to break down, your performance goes down, and so forth.”
“Don’t live life as a fast-paced marathon. See it as an endless series of sprints.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Leanne Spencer: