Get to know our new Bodyshot Coach Daniel Smith as he shares how he got into holistic health coaching and how his experience as a Marine helped shape his philosophy and outlook around health and fitness.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- How Dan first got into health, fitness, and wellbeing
- Dan’s philosophies around health and wellbeing
- How Dan finds the time to exercise
- Dan’s sleep routine
- Dan’s spiritual philosophies and practices
- Fitness is more about outcomes and objectives and achieving certain goals whereas health is more about mindset and lifestyle and our state of being.
- Exercise and sleep are non-negotiable.
- Spirituality doesn’t always have to be about religion. Rather, it’s our relationship with what we can’t see.
- Make exercise and sleep your non-negotiables.
- Reframe situations at work as a chance to learn and grow, and learn more about yourself.
- Snatch moments of restfulness throughout your days.
“I still believe that the body is designed to be pushed. I think we need some kind of physical exertion in our lives.”
“You are at the seat of your own experience in this life. It’s quite easy to get drawn into a life of just being pulled in different directions emotionally, so try and retain a level of autonomy over your own emotional state.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
More from Daniel Smith:
More from Leanne Spencer: