Podcast: Play in new window | Download
How can you effectively coach someone? Psycle instructor Sarah Elliot does it by combining life coaching with the aspect of physical movement. In this episode, she shares her relationship with health, fitness, and wellbeing and how she balances fitness with recovery.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Making the transition from the corporate world to the health and fitness industry
- Becoming a life coach and the value it brings
- How switching careers changed Sarah’s wellbeing
- Combining life coaching with the physical movement aspect
- Psycle and why it’s becoming more popular
- It’s important for anyone working in the field of therapy, counseling, or coaching to have their own coach, someone they can speak candidly to. Coaches play such a valuable role and serve such a unique purpose
- Every good personal trainer or fitness coach, or any coach for that matter, is on that journey of constantly evolving.
- The blueprint that Pscyle teaches is very strategic in how to motivate and when to motivate. There’s so much that goes behind the psychological element.
- Recovery is pre- and post-workout. It’s what helps facilitate and make the workout more effective, and it’s also the mental aspect.
- It’s about healthspan, not lifespan. It’s about the longevity of healthspan and living a useful, happy life.
- If you’re a fitness instructor, do something for yourself outside of teaching.
- Try Psycle.
- Make sleep one of your non-negotiables.
“Those of us that work in this industry, we are advocates, we are paving the way, we are leading by example.”
“It’s important to be moving the body, yes, but in a sustainable way.”
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe to us on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
More from Sarah Elliott:
Sarah’s Instagram (@sarahelliott_coach)
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer