Podcast: Play in new window | Download
What does it take to live a life of adventure and freedom and constantly challenging yourself? Sarah Williams of the Tough Girl Podcast shares how she started running her own business by doing what she loves and highlighting women that inspire and empower other women to do extraordinary things.
Visit https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/topic/podcasts/ for the complete show notes of every podcast episode.
Topics Discussed in this Episode:
- Sarah’s many achievements and what drives her to succeed
- How Tough Girl Challenges came about
- Monetizing the Tough Girl Podcast
- Sarah’s definition of success
- Sarah’s next challenge
- Tough Girl Challenges came about because Sarah wanted to combine her interests and passions to show young girls out there that they can be tough and feminine at the same time.
- For Sarah, valuing herself and the content that she puts out was a hard learning curve. She realised that the stuff that you do is important and you do deserve to get paid for the hard work that you put in.
- Sarah defines success with these questions: Am I happy? What is my physical and mental health like? Do I love what I am doing?
- Figure out what you like to do, as opposed to what you think you should like to do. What are your passions, your interests, your hobbies?
“The key thing for me was I also wanted to create a living, breathing entity such as the website which I could run from anywhere in the world. I wanted to be able to be nomadic.”
“For me, it just has to come back to what are my interests? What are my passions? What is my mission? And it all becomes very clear when you know what your purpose is, and my purpose is to increase the female role models in the media.”
Thanks for listening!
If you’re interested in finding out what your health IQ is, take the Health IQ test to find out, and get a free 39-page report built around our six signals, which are sleep, mental health, energy, body composition, digestion, and fitness.
If you’ve enjoyed what you’ve heard on this episode and it’s added value to you, share the episode with someone you think could benefit from it. And don’t forget to leave a rating or a review and subscribe on Apple Podcasts.
Links to things mentioned in the show:
- Podcast episode with Sarah in May 2018
- Link to the Patreon site to support Sarah’s podcast
- Link to the blog post that Sarah mentions, “How I Afford to Blog & Podcast”
More from Sarah Williams:
- Sarah’s Instagram (@toughgirlchallenges)
- Sarah’s YouTube Channel
- Sarah’s Twitter (@_TOUGH_GIRL)
- Sarah’s Facebook
- Sarah’s Website
More from Leanne Spencer:
Bodyshot Performance Limited Facebook page
Remove the Guesswork BOOK by Leanne Spencer
Rise and Shine BOOK by Leanne Spencer